Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer
Tim was a founding member of Sonata in 2000. As Chief Investment Officer, Tim oversees all of Sonata’s investment actions, from due diligence efforts, to planning and strategy. Prior to Sonata, Tim was a Senior Portfolio Manager at Rigel Capital Management in Seattle, where he managed their Technology fund and co-managed the Large-Cap Growth fund. Previous to that he was a Senior Portfolio Manager at Key Bank Private Wealth Management, in Seattle and Denver. He began his career working as an equity trader for Ord Minnett Ltd., in their New York office. Tim is a graduate of Seattle Pacific University.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Tim previously sat on the Washington Health Board
- Several committees in his local neighborhood of Black Diamond
- “Compounding interest is the eighth wonder of the world, he who understands it,
earns it, he who doesn’t, pays it.” Albert Einstein
Where to find Tim when he is not at work:
- Swimming with his Short-Haired Pointer
- Wake boarding at his home on Lake Sawyer
- Restoring classic cars
Clients Tim works with:
- Individuals, families and business owners working to not only accumulate assets,
but just as important, retain them throughout their lives.
Best Part of My Job:
- Working with each client as a unique individual with personalized dreams and goals.
Three words that best describe me: