As an independent firm, we operate on a fee-only basis to insure that our interests are aligned with those of our clients. This compensation structure eliminates commissions, markups and hidden fees. We are therefore free to recommend the best investment opportunities for our clients, regardless of origin with no conflict of interest. Our only commitment is to our client and their goals, interests and outcomes. Our clients know that this principle of acting in their best interests is a key tenet of our operating philosophy. Our relationships are based on being there for our clients under all circumstances and providing unbiased financial advice to help them accomplish their goals.
Our approach to investing begins with an understanding of our client’s specific needs, goals, and investment preferences. With this foundation, we focus on the four controllable factors that drive long-term investment results:
- Strategic Asset Allocation – We allocate our clients assets across the core asset classes based upon your specific objectives, risk tolerance and time horizon. We also make tactical adjustments for specific market conditions and shifts in valuations.
- Broad Diversification – In our view, diversification is the conscious decision to forego making a killing, in return for never getting killed. We follow a diversified investment strategy designed to provide you with the exposure to long-term market growth while dampening the effects of market volatility.
- Researched Assets and Manager Selection – We thoroughly research the investment options for each portfolio, making our selections with a long-term perspective and a preference for tax and cost efficiency. As an independent investment advisor we are able to choose the investment options in each client portfolio without conflict.
- Disciplined Rebalancing – We monitor portfolio allocations and performance on an ongoing basis and rebalance it as needed to maintain the long-term strategy.
In most cases, portfolios consist of broadly diversified market investments in U.S. and International Equities, Fixed Income, and Cash equivalents. Depending on a client’s goals, objectives and preferences, we may select investments that include:
- Individual stocks
- Actively managed mutual funds
- Index and Exchange Traded Funds
- Individual bonds and fixed income securities
- Alternative investments that are generally uncorrelated to the performance of the core portfolio